New Build Solicitors
Buying a new build home is a great option if you’re a first-time buyer or looking for a home that doesn’t need much work. However, the legal process of buying or selling a new build property can be different to buying an older property, so choosing the right new build conveyancing solicitor is essential.
We understand that people feel excited but are also anxious about buying or selling a home. Conveyancing can be a long, uncertain process and with the added expectancies that come with buying a new build property, the process can all be the more daunting.
With this in mind, you must pick an experienced new build conveyancing solicitor - with Pennine Law, you’ve come to the right place.
At Pennine Law, we take the stress out of buying or selling your home. We specialise in fast, straightforward conveyancing and have loads of experience working with every kind of property buyer and home mover.
We have a team that specialises in new build properties and are well versed with all types of new build conveyancing and all the issues that buying a newly built property can bring. We’re proficient with purchases through Help to Buy and other government homeownership schemes as well as straightforward mortgage purchases and selling to a builder in a part-exchange deal.
In addition to ensuring that your transaction is completed swiftly and perfectly, we will focus on making your experience straightforward. This means explaining everything you need to know in clear language, never leaving you in the dark, and always making ourselves available when you need us.
No pointless delays. No hidden costs. No unnecessary stress. Just a job well done.
Here’s what you can expect from us:
- Fixed fees – so you know how much your new build conveyancing will cost from start to finish.
- Conveyancing Quality Scheme accredited lawyers.
- A friendly team that responds quickly to calls and emails.
- Proactivity – we will chase the other side and push for progress. No delays will ever come from our side.
- Regular updates – so you always know what’s going on.
Three simple steps to get started with our new build conveyancing solicitors
- Request a fixed fee new build conveyancing quote
Find out how much your new build conveyancing is likely to cost by checking out our fees. You can also give us a call and we’ll provide an instant new build conveyancing quote
- Give us a call or send us a message
We have local offices across Sheffield and Barnsley. You’ll find us in Hoyland, Barnsley Town Centre, Penistone, Attercliffe, Hillsborough and Gleadless. So, give us a call at your nearest branch, or fill in our online enquiry form and we’ll give you a call back as soon as we can.
- Let us get you moving
We can start the process of buying a new build home as soon as you’re happy for us to proceed. Before we can make a start on the actual conveyancing, there are a few administrative things we need to get out of the way. For example, we need to verify your identity and you need to review our terms of business.
We’ll also confirm your new build conveyancing quote in writing. You can trust that we’ll never go outside this quote unless extra work is required that is necessary (and even then, we’ll speak to you first and get your confirmation).
How our new build conveyancing lawyers can help you
We can handle every aspect of your conveyancing on your behalf. Our service covers:
- Buying a house off-plan
- Buying by way of part exchange of your existing home
- Buying and selling through Help to Buy schemes
- Buying and selling leaseholds (such as flats)
- Checking the property title and carrying out conveyancing searches
- Stamp Duty, including handling relief for first-time buyers
- Checking issues that commonly affect new builds, such as planning permissions and access rights
- Explaining new build guarantees
Buying a new build home off plan
If you are buying a new build home directly from a housing developer, you may be asked to reserve it before it has even been built.
This might sound bizarre, but it’s a popular option, particularly for people looking to purchase a new build property and how most big developers sell their new build properties.
However, buying off-plan is a different process to buying a property that has already been built. For example, you need to make sure that the house builder has the right planning permission, can fund the property without asking for a large deposit and that the property is completed to the right specs.
Our new build conveyancing solicitors know all the right questions to ask. We’ll provide honest advice about how your transaction is going and handle all the legal documentation on your behalf, so you don’t have to worry about a thing.
Help to Buy Solicitors
We can provide practical conveyancing advice to people looking to buy through the Help to Buy scheme and people looking to sell a property originally bought through Help to Buy.
Our service includes:
- Handling the legal work required when buying new build property
- Assisting with Help to Buy loan applications
- Assisting with Help to Buy mortgages and working with your lender
- All the other required conveyancing work that comes with buying or selling, such as checking title deeds
We have experience handling transactions through the Help to Buy Equity Loan scheme and the Help to Buy ISA scheme (which is closed to new applicants but can be used by existing account holders until 2029).
Why choose our new build conveyancing solicitors in Sheffield and Barnsley?
We are members of the Law Society Conveyancing Quality Scheme (CQS), an accreditation held by firms that lead the way in the area of property law.
But what does this mean for you? It means:
- We have a strong track record of success.
- We know how to spot risks before they cause you problems, meaning our clients face fewer delays during their conveyancing.
- We’re clear and honest about our fees (and you’ll never be surprised by any hidden costs).
- We’re approved to work with a wide range of mortgage lenders, so you can trust that your lender will be happy for you to instruct us, and you can access the best quality deals.
Get in touch with our new build conveyancing solicitors in Sheffield and Barnsley today
We have local offices across Sheffield in Penistone, Attercliffe, Gleadless and Hillsborough, plus offices in Barnsley town centre and Hoyland.
Give us a call at your nearest branch or fill in our online enquiry form and we’ll give you a call back as soon as possible.